Durham Nephrology Associates remains open to patients.
To keep our environment safe and accessible, we ask that you take note of the safety protocols detailed below.
The well-being and safety of our patients, staff and their families remains our top priority.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO Durham Nephrology, if ANY of the following apply to you. Stay home and call your primary care physician or clinic right away for next steps. Durham Nephrology is not testing for COVID-19.
- You have been in direct contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19; OR
- You have a: fever OR cough OR shortness of breath/difficulty breathing OR runny nose OR loss of taste or smell.
- You have traveled to anywhere with a spike in COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days.
PPE- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MASKS: As of August 2023, masks for staff and patients are optional.
- We are now adding additional days and times for lab draws within both offices. Please request an appointment for this service.
OUR PHYSICAL SPACE
- SEATING: We have modified chair locations to allow space between patients throughout our offices.
- CROWD AVOIDANCE:
- Schedules and appointment times are modified to minimize time in waiting rooms
- All patients must arrive NO EARLIER than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
- You may bring one other person with you to your visit if you wish.
- You may be asked to wait in your car temporarily to accommodate safe distancing, we will ask you to enter the office once it is safe to do so.
- PROTECTIVE BARRIERS: Plexiglass shields have been installed at our front desk and various office windows to provide appropriate separation between you and our staff. We also have mobile plexiglass to provide separation within our exam rooms if needed.
- HAND SANITIZER: Antibacterial disinfectant is stationed in various locations throughout the office for your use.
- CLEANING & DISINFECTING: We are cleaning common spaces more frequently and have installed UV lights in our HVAC system to continuously clean the air in our buildings.
ANY PATIENT OR STAFF MEMBER who has a fever OR displays symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately.
You will be asked if you have experienced any covid symptoms in the last 2 days prior to your visit.