Durham Nephrology Associates remains open to patients.
However, to keep our environment safe and accessible, we ask that you take note of all of the safety protocols detailed below.
We are periodically updating this page on the COVID-19 outbreak and how it affects Durham Nephrology Associates. Please check back often.
The well-being and safety of our patients, staff and their families remains our top priority.
DO NOT COME TO Durham Nephrology, if ANY of the following apply to you. Stay home and call your primary care physician or clinic right away for next steps. Durham Nephrology is not testing for COVID-19.
- You have been in direct contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19; OR
- You have a: fever OR cough OR shortness of breath/difficulty breathing OR runny nose OR loss of taste or smell.
- You have traveled to anywhere with a spike in COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days.
PPE- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MASKS: All patients, delivery personel and staff are required to wear a mask at all times while in our office. Please come wearing one! Due to spacing restrictions our staff and physicians may also be wearing a face shield during your appointment. After June 1st both employees and patients will still be wearing masks.
- We are now adding additional days and times for lab draws within both offices. Please request an appointment for this service.
- We have the option of telemedicine visits with your doctor or advanced practitioner if you prefer to follow-up virtually instead of with an in-person visit. We are not able to offer telehealth visits for a new patient.
For those patients who need the services that we will continue to provide for the foreseeable future, please closely review the following:
OUR PHYSICAL SPACE
- SEATING: We have modified chair locations to allow at least six feet between patients throughout our offices.
- CROWD AVOIDANCE:
- Schedules and appointment times are modified to minimize time in waiting rooms
- Only patients with an appointment may enter our office.
- All patients must arrive NO EARLIER than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
- You can bring one other person with you to your visit.
- You may be asked to wait in your car temporarily to accommodate safe distancing, we will ask you to enter the office once it is safe to do so.
- Children are strictly prohibited from being in the office.
- PROTECTIVE BARRIERS: Plexiglass shields have been installed at our front desk and various office windows to provide appropriate separation between you and our staff. We also have mobile plexiglass to provide separation within our exam rooms if needed.
- HAND SANITIZER: Antibacterial disinfectant is stationed in various locations throughout the office for your use.
- FLOOR DECALS: Stickers are on the floor to help patients comply with the required physical distance.
- TRAFFIC FLOW SIGNAGE: Signage is up to help control the flow of patients in a single direction
- CLEANING & DISINFECTING: We are cleaning common spaces more frequently and have installed UV lights in our HVAC system to continuously clean the air in our buildings.
ANY PATIENT OR STAFF MEMBER who has a fever OR displays symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately.
You will be asked have you been vaccinated at the start of the screening.
- We have started offering the vaccine in the office by appointment.
- We are also offering COVID education to prompt vaccinations.